Friday 27 January 2017

Blogging Goals | 2017

Hellooo loveliesss!!

Firstly I'd like to say Happy New Year to everyone, I hope that January so far is treating you all well! I have had a fair bit of time off posting to relax a little bit after Christmas but I am back with some goals for my blog this year.. I have seen a few other bloggers do this post earlier in the month, and I know I should have done it earlier too but it's still January so lets pretend it counts haha

I've decided I need to be a lot more organised when writing up posts, I need to have no distractions meaning not having the TV on, and not sitting in bed where I can get comfortable and fall asleep or become lazy.. so, I will be sitting up the table with my notebook where I will be listing post ideas and structuring while writing!



Here are my 2017 blog goals:

1. Regular Posting - Last year, I went through stages where I would post regularly and then another stage where I wouldn't post for weeks.. whether that is lack of motivation or being busy or ill I'm not too sure, however I want to improve on that. I'm going to be realistic and say I want to be posting once a week, at least. I'd love to be able to say I will post more than that, but if on the odd occasion I wan't to post more than that, then of course I will

2. Photography - I really want to improve on my photography, I have been super comfortable with just using my iPhone, to be fair it isn't bad quality at all, it does the job. But I would just like to be able to say I used my proper camera to do it. If I just don't end up liking it and prefer my phone then I will continue to do that but I just want to try..

3. Bloglovin' - So currently, I have just under 950 bloglovin' followers. I wan't to make a goal to reach 1.5k followers, which is a little steep and ambitious. But thinking about it, I only opened an account in September, 5 months ago. So I think within a year I should be able to reach it! I have added a bloglovin' widget in the side bar so follow if you haven't already, I always follow back!!

4. Instagram - I definitely want to open an Instagram account soon, specifically for my blog, it would be a nice way to share my posts and follow other bloggers without it being my personal account, if you have an account comment with your username and I will follow!

5. Comment on and find new blogs - I am going to make an aim to find, read and comment on at least 3 blogs/posts per day. I really do not do this enough as I should! This will really help branch out for new inspiration and finding new bloggers!

6. More social media active - I feel like I am quite active on twitter already, however a lot of the time I forget about twitter chats, and following new people. I want to keep track on as many twitter chats as I can to be able to take part much more, and therefore following lots of other bloggers and making new friends

7. Domain - I have been thinking about this for a while and I would love my own domain, I think it will make my blog look so much more professional. I have already added and removed certain little details on my page to look a bit more professional but the final step would be to have my own domain!


Do you have any goals for the year?

Shani xox

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Shani! I feel like writing down goals always help me keep them.Especially making a post on it then it holds me accountable. Those are great goals of yours and I know you'll be able to achieve them! xoxo

    Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's always better to write them down so you have a bit more of a commitment haha! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete

One Year Blog Anniversary!

Hello lovelies! Yesterday was the anniversary of Pretty Little Flirt. A year ago, I decided to create a page on the internet where I co...